Dust Bunny...


It's Ash Wednesday.... huzzah !


Today begins lent. I have been attempting to exclude eating some foods for myself.. but have just been unsuccessful. I now have surrendered these things that are considered to be "unhealthy" to God in my 40 day fast. The bad habit I've created from eating crumbs and edges of things is also gone today. I feel like God is keeping me accountable to better my body, which is a temple that has been created in His image.

For the next 40 days, I will eat a Raw diet until the sun goes down.. and then continue with my regular diet (meat-free, though roasting and dairy will come back in my life...at night). I have Completely given up dry cereals, peanut butter, and popcorn as they are the three things I base my entire diet around during a normal day. This will be hard for me but knowing that I am doing it not for .. myself, but for God.. to show that I am capable of giving up the things I love in order to praise his name..... is the only motivation I need.

Beginning with breakfast........ day one ! Blah !

1 frozen banana, 3 small strawberries (and an additional for garnish), splash of almond milk, some ice....voila. Deliciousness.


That may or may not be my dad's beer glass.

I'm excited. To plan these meals... to incorporate God into my life more.. to get rid of this hacking cough.

!!

0 comments: